We had to leave bright & early Sunday morning, getting some hugs in, we won’t see them again until April
Thought this was a pretty good picture of all of us:)
The morning view from their front yard
And, leaving their neighborhood, I just never tired of the palm trees-ahhh:)
Some closing things:
- Our best family trip, the kids were at just the right ages-don’t worry Dick & Sandy, we still love camp;)
- It got dark at 5:30 so I had to stop, I believe I would have pushed Kelly & the kids right over the edge if it was light any longer
- We were able to put the kids to bed in their own spaces at their normal bedtimes most nights so no over-tired grumpiness going on
- Kelly & I had time with my parents each night to play games and chat
- If it seemed like everyone wore the same clothes every day – we did! Mom told us to not pack much and just do laundry-so I packed a short sleeve, long sleeve shirt, pair of shorts, pair of jeans, pair of sweat pants, a hoody, and a pair of pjs for each of us and did laundry every 2-3 days. It was great, we didn’t have to check any bags and I came home with clean laundry!
- I wish the flights weren’t so expensive or we’d do this every year!
- We’ll be back to do the Grand Canyon more thoroughly in the future:)