I guess you’re wondering why Tobin’s curls had to be cut. We got a call from the school 2 weeks ago-yes, the dreaded head lice call. Ugghhhh, I honestly can’t believe we have escaped it this long. And, I’ve decided that one of the reasons it spreads so rapidly is the shame we feel as moms about it-so, I’m on a quest to dispel the shame. I am Trenda, and my family had head lice;)
Kelly & I feel like resident experts on these critters, we even got Marian’s microscope out to look at them-we tried to make it as light hearted as we could. So, here are a few facts to share:
- they like clean hair
- they attack all socio-economic levels
- they don’t really harm us at all-except for the annoying itching I guess
- 30 minutes in a high heat dryer kills them and their eggs-and there are lots of other ways
- it’s pretty easy to kill the bugs, getting all their eggs is the part that takes time, follow-up & diligence
- we know a lot about them and when you’re trying to rid yourself of them, knowledge is power!
- you don’t need to buy the super toxic stuff at the drug store to kill them
- if you get it, tell everyone so they can be checking their kids too, you don’t want to give it to someone else and then get it right back from them!