It happened, all too quickly – Ezra turned 6, and yes, he had chicken pox for his birthday:( We were able to have his party anyway, it was family only and they’ve all had it and he was feeling just fine.
The infamous birthday cut-out cake . . .
There must always be music . . .
and picture taking
The socks were from Tobin, Tobin didn’t know what he had got Ezra so when Ez pulled them out Tobin says (with a big proud smile) “I got him socks”, Marian got him a water football, she bought it with her own AWANA dollars – she thought it would be nice to get him something since he couldn’t go to AWANA (pox), and because she knows how much he likes balls (I was pretty proud of her)
A really cool doodle book that Aunt Pam picked out . . .
The Wii Resort games, he was pretty happy about that
He also got a checkers/chess/other games from Aunt Pam and Uncle Rob. Grandpa quickly got the Pick-up Sticks to show them how to play-he’s a master! Then he comments that him & Grandma used to play this when they first got married-which made us all laugh until we remembered that they were really just kids when they got married at 18 & 19 years old!
Ez & Tobin playing chess-pretty funny, no prodigies here:)
And then the Wii tennis tourney began (best of 5), Ez knocked out Marian, then Grandpa, then beat Kelly in a quick 3 games to be the champion!
He had a great time, and I love these shots of some natural smiles from Ez-I never seem to get them on camera!
And, as always, some of his favorite things:
- drawing, creating & taping anything – loves to get stuff from the recycle bin (and we’re going through a lot of tape!)
- all ball sports
- all games-Sorry & SkipBo are current favorites
- he loves to win everything but is better about losing now too
- the color green, pizza, tacos, oranges, America’s Funniest Videos (I seriously hate this show and think it will be banned soon!), Curious George, Biscuit books
- his mama, I still think he’s going to have a “mama” tatoo
- he’s doing very well reading (more on that later) and is quite accomplished in math, understanding some of Marian’s 3rd grade concepts
- his Kindergarten teacher loves him
- best of all, he knows Jesus, and has a tremendous desire to learn & study & memorize His word
Just LOVE this boy!